Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Day 10: The Meaning of Your Name and How It Fits or Doesn’t Fit You

My name is a Zulu name for girls meaning they have multiplied. I was named after my paternal grandmother....

I don't really see how it fits into my life really other than that i was the first female grandchild, and i had a daughter as my first born. I dont really have a lot of women in my life as far as surrounding me so to me the name isn't as meaningful as maybe my daughter's name was when i named her. As i put a lot of time and thought to name her something that had meaning to me and my life when i had her. And it has held up since.

My own mother admitted repeatedly she wldnt have named me that had she had a real choice. It was more of a traditional respect thing

No comments:

Post a Comment